Thorn’s have rose’s

Danielle writes:

This lovely tattoo belongs to a friend of a friend. “Thorn’s have rose’s”. No one noticed it before I pointed it out! This tattoo infuriates me beyond belief. How could you get something permanently written on your body without making sure it was spelled correctly first? It kills me. The girl still doesn’t know that it’s spelled wrong.

She may now!

Chunky says:

Anonymous :What I couldn’t help but think of here was how much unnecessary pain the recipient of this tat must have gone through having these completely unnecessary apostrophes added to the tat…

Just wait until she tries to get them lasered off. *cackle*

What I couldn't help but think of here was how much unnecessary pain the recipient of this tat must have gone through having these completely unnecessary apostrophes added to the tat…

Robin says:

I'm pretty sure that's a comma after "thorn's". None of the other esses have flourishes like that.

In case you're wondering, yes, I was unsure about how to indicate the plural of "S".

Philip G. says:

Oh it’s HAVE roses. Nevermind.

Philip G. says:

Maybe it was a gift from Rose to Thorn? Like “This tattoo is Rose’s. Love, Thorn’s Auto Body.” Or something.

No? Ah, well.

Becky says:

Even without the errant apostrophe, that is a stupid phrase.

KC says:

@toast – For the same reason sign makers continue to create homestead IDs that read “The Smith’s” … The Martin’s” … “The Wilson’s” … etc.

Amber says:

What a dumb “ass”

Ha – I “crack” myself up!

Okay, so the quotes are unnecessary. Poor girl!

Chris says:

sitboaf — I initially thought that too, but I think it’s the tail of the s.

It looks like a comma on its side.

sitboaf says:

Di I see a comma after “thorn’s?”

Benedict Smith says:

guess basic english skills aren’t covered in the aspiring tattoo artist’s apprenticeship

Bald Outing says:

people should triple check things – maybe with their old english teacher first, before permanently inking it on their backside.

LaughingKatie says:

It’s a nasty tat, with or without the blatant apostrophe abuse

Kirk says:

This is just me being picky, especially considering the horribly errant apostrophes, but what’s with the non-connecting letters? I can understand that it’s not exactly easy to make the proper letters connect on a script font on a computer (without the typographer making a lot of ligatures), but on something that’s done by hand, why do those Ss not connect to the previous letters? It’s like they just printed it on her.

greenduckiesgirl says:

Um, sometimes your tattoo artist is an idiot and you can spell everything out to him and he still does it wrong. Which is why my “Groovy, Yeah Baby!” smiley face actually says “Grooey, Yeah Babby!” But hey, it does make for a great story. This, though, is just wrong.

toast says:

Yikes! Even if the girl brought in that exact phrase, why did the tattoo artist not bring it up? This makes me sad.

God Is My Codependent says:

Thorn’s have rose’s in much the same way that tatoo’s have butt’s.