Abuse in a recovery room

Beren writes:

This sign was posted in my recovery room after I delivered my son.

I love that someone corrected the sign.

(I doubt they’re referring to “Father’s visitors”) ;)

7 Responses

1. Gort says

Shouldn’t there be one, however, in “Nurses’ Station”?

2. john says

Yes, and there *shouldn’t* be one in “visitor’s” on the chinese side. Visitor rules or visitation rules or MAYBE visitors’ rules.

Someone got pretty anal writing “partners, moms” next to fathers. It already said “all visitors” and specified fathers because that might not be obvious. Bah.

3. Anonymous says

There should also be another period at the end of “I.D” or else none at all. Why do people always have illiterate imbeciles write signs?

4. Anonymous says

Of course, the offending line is in MS Comic Sans. Couldn’t let this one slip by…

5. SubtleKnife says

I agree that it’s telling that the offending line is written in MS Comic Sans.

There doesn’t seem to be a reason for the word “Fathers” in the correction to be written with a capital “F” – unless the author was thinking specifically about priests. (Or unless there is in America and I am not getting it because I’m Dutch…)

Other gripes:
    It says “sign-in” instead of “sign in”.
    For a smoother read, the “and” between “station” and “fill” would be best replaced by a comma. (Although the use of commas, unlike apostrophes, is more personal.)

6. Anonymous says

Ha. Correcting the correction. Well done, subtleknife.

Although on your suggestion that comma use is somehow more personal than apostrophe use: I couldn’t disagree more. Mind you, I’m one of those types who can get into a shouting match over things like the Oxford comma.

Three cheers for pedantry!

7. Randy says

I wonder if it is wrong in the oriental writing on the right.

Some HTML is OK

or, reply to this post via trackback.