Restaurant full of bean’s

Katie writes in about her adventure in capturing a rogue apostrophe:

The waitress … erased the apostrophe as I ran back to my table for my camera. The hostess made her put it back so I could take the picture.

Bill's Library says:

About 15 years ago (long before the advent of cheap digital cameras, and before I owned a film camera), I saw this doozy on the front door of a delicatessen in Easton, Maryland:

“DELIVERY ORDER’S NOW BEIN TAKIN”

Apparently, they wanted to alert the locals that indeed, they were now delivering their fine foods as well as “takin” orders right in their store.

RockStories says:

Maybe they were kidding.

No, really.

Years ago in a small gyro place in my neighborhood, I saw a chalkboard sign that listed “chilly” among the soups.

I couldn’t help mentioning, when I placed my order, that “chili” wasn’t spelled that way. The kid behind the counter cracked a big grin and said, “I know. My dad does things like that sometimes just to see how many people will notice.”

While I doubt that’s the explanation for most of these signs, I cling to that memory hopefully whenever I see such a sign.

Gloom Raider says:

My first thought when I saw this was “Why on earth didn’t someone reach out a finger and put that poor apostrophe out of its misery?”

I’m glad I’m not the only one who sidles up to signboards and takes the law into my own hands!

brinkofacomplex says:

I wiped out an extraneous apostrophe on a black board menu last week. It might have been the most satisfying thing I’ve ever done.

Fraulein N says:

I like the way that hostess thinks.

Sharkie says:

how did she know it was the apostrophe you were taking a picture of?

Katie says:

This place is the best! I’ve got at least 6 pics of their signs. I go there when I have a bad day to make fun of their signs :)

The Ex says:

I also like how the abbreviation of vegetable has two g’s.

Wait…did I use the apostrophe correctly?